Local information

On this page we will provide information that we think will be useful to residents of our area.

Highways fault reporting:
Potholes, street lights not working, blocked drains etc. can be reported to Hertfordshire County Council at: https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk. Follow the link to “Report a road or pavement problem”.

Street cleaning issues:
Litter, fly-tipping, overflowing litter bins etc. can be reported to St Albans District Council online at: https://www.stalbans.gov.uk. Follow the link to “Recycling and rubbish and Street cleaning”.

Agendas and minutes for District Council meetings can be found at:
https://www.stalbans.gov.uk. Follow the link to View more services, then Council and elections, then Meetings, agenda, minutes & webcasts.

Details of planning applications can be found at:
https://www.stalbans.gov.uk. Follow the link to Planning and Building Control, Then View & track planning applications.

Civic Society:
SAPHRA is a Residents' Association member of the St Albans Civic Society. You can view their latest newsletter at https://www.stalbanscivicsociety.com.

Opening times and locations of the St Albans foodbanks run by the Trussell Trust:
Tuesdays: 1 – 3 pm Christ Church, 3 High Oaks, New Greens AL3 6 DJ
Tuesdays: 4:00– 5:30 pm Cunningham Hub, Cell Barnes Lane AL1 5PX
Wednesdays: 12:30 – 2:30 pm Christadelphian Church Hall, 4-6 Abbotts Avenue AL1 2HX (CLOSING)
Thursdays: 12:30 – 2:30 pm Hilldyke Community Centre, 17 Hilldyke Road AL4 8TU
Fridays: 1:00 - 3:00 pm Holcroft Road, Batford AL5 5BQ
More information from: www.stalbansdistrict.foodbank.org.uk. Tel.: 01727 613 019.

Noise pollution:
To make an online complaint about noise go to: https://www.stalbans.gov.uk. Follow the link to View more services, then Environment and sustainability, then Environmental services, then Noise nuisances.

On Friday and Saturday nights St Albans District Council operate an out-of-hours noise patrol service, which deals with noise complaints. You can contact the duty team on 01727 811155 between 6pm and 3am.

The District Council also operates a Licensing Hotline to report complaints about Licensed Premises (pubs, clubs, restaurants etc.) out of hours. The number is 07770 701720.

Herts Careline:
Community alarms for older and vulnerable people in Hertfordshire